novelty.

Monday, January 28, 2013

it really is all happening, loves. one-way ticket booked. movers scheduled, check. only five more sleeps in this city by the bay. i am overwhelmed with an abundance of love from those near and dear to my heart, and their surprises and generosity over the past several days are unlike anything i could have imagined.

if i am absent from this space in the next couple weeks it is mostly because i'm occupied with the move. there are so many things i want to tell you and document for myself so i hope to be in and out more than i anticipate, but should i be unable to, i wanted to share this video.

a dear new yorker gal pal sent it to me in december two thousand eleven. a time when she had all intentions of making a move out west. but, guess who is beating her to it with a move out east? i had just paid her a visit in the big apple and upon returning home, this video was in my inbox with a note: this is what i watch to remind myself how amazing nyc is, i thought you would appreciate it...




oh how excited this video makes me to embrace a new city. to get lost. to explore. to learn. to take in so many things for the very first time. there's something to say for novelty, and it's quite clear my whole being has been craving it for quite some time now. 

i think i'll also take with me a lyric from the song called we don't eat by james vincent mcmorrow

so if i were you, i'd have a little trust.

so, here's to trust and new beginnings. and, let's be honest, friends, i couldn't have done it without you.

1 comments:

  1. Oh I'm jealous. I'd love to move there! I just found your cute blog! I'm a new follower. Hope you'll stop by sometime!

    RebeccawithanR

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

it's all happening... All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger