giving thanks.

Thursday, November 22, 2012



i have a thing for banners, can you tell? be thankful has been hanging in my apartment for all of november, but i am tempted to keep it up all year round. mostly because every time i walk through my door i want be thankful that i am there.

i saw a quote today that said,
it is not happy people who are thankful; it is thankful people who are happy.
this made me reflect on how the act of counting the things i'm thankful for has undoubtedly made me a happier person over the past several years. i've learned that it only takes a few simple ingredients for me to be truly happy. a cozy place to call home. a loving {albeit sometimes crazy} family, a healthy body, a small group of soul-nourishing friends, and the courage to wake up tomorrow with an open heart and curious spirit.

so, on this thanksgiving eve may we all grasp our most basic needs and craft our happiness recipes and be forever thankful. thank you, my sweet pea readers, for taking the time to read my words. for this, i am truly grateful.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

it's all happening... All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger