i was made for sunny days.

Friday, August 19, 2011

my "beloveds." i've missed you so much.

actually, so much doesn't even begin to describe it.

i've been thinking of you all week. except see here the thing is, i haven't been in the state to write to you {and i call myself a creative writer sheeeesh}. i'd rather not bug you with my blues. i guess we all have them. to tell you the truth, i much prefer my moods to be a constant bright pink and fiery red. oh, that would be fun.

a good friend once said to me. it's not rainbows and sunshine all the time, gean.

in my dream world it is.




i'm often reminded of a quote by my most favorite writing icon.
“...it was the dividing line between seeing the world in black and white, and in technicolor. the lights came on for the darkest possible reason... i learned something enduring, in a very short period of time, about life. that it was glorious, and that you had no business taking it for granted.”

i vow to always see things colorfully. and to remember that we will forever have our gratitude. sweet gratitude.

this week, i saw the weepies. what absolute dollfaces they are. a husband and wife singer-songwriter duo who fell in love over music. i love their story.



they hold such a special place in my heart. if i was a song lyric i'd wish with all my wishes to be written by the weepies. their words are perfection.

in fact, it dawned on me that they inspired me to start blogging again. after my hiatus, my first post was about them. something about the song that day made me write. just another cold winter day in january. and ever since, it's been pouring out of me.

a little song of theirs i'm loving...

be my youth
my kissing booth
my little sweet tooth
my beauty and truth
be my thrill
my little white pill
my wait up until
the one who will
and we tumble down like jack and jill
and i miss all of the joy you kill
but i love you still
be my thrill


tonight, i am grateful for sisters.

we're snuggled in bed. her, reading. me, writing. it's the sweet silent sisterly bond that is unlike any feeling in the entire world.

i'm glad to see you again, my sweets. off to watch my latest tv obsession. friday night lights {i can't believe it's taken me this long to get started}.

sending love, always.

namaste.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

it's all happening... All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger