april 21st

Monday, April 20, 2009

1. my walk to work.
just a typical tuesday morning. coming up over the top of lombard, there's a heavenly feel.

2. spa robes.
every time i step out of the shower it's there to greet me wrapping me up and drying me off. it's like i'm at a spa each and every day.
3. the scent of fresh flowers in the springtime.
i've been meaning to write this down since the beginning of the season. you know that feeling where you're walking along minding your own business and you unexpectedly get a whiff of something sweet and delicious? my favorites right now are the cherry blossoms and the gardenia scented ones. ironically enough, today at lunch i spotted a quote written on a chalkboard that made me smile. simple white letters against the black background representing one of life's simple statements.
"the earth laughs in flowers." -emerson
never have i ever until now realized the truth in this statement.
4. sweat.
i sat in the back of yoga tonight in the hot hot heat and the sun shined through the windows directly on my mat. i laughed at myself and realized how grateful i was for a good sweat as i held runners lunge completely drenched. cleansing is oh so important and makes you feel like you're on cloud 9 afterwards. i love cloud 9.
5. dusk.
specifically the dusk that includes pink clouds. my mom always told me pink clouds mean good luck. this is my favorite time of day:)

this picture is kind of silly, but you get the idea of how this bright orange just magically appears at about 8pm. magic.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

it's all happening... All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger